Effective at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17, the Bentley Library is closed until further notice.
Library staff will continue to support online teaching and research to Bentley students, faculty, and staff. Below is a brief summary of how the Library will continue to deliver library services and resources remotely.
You can find detailed information on how to access these services and resources online—including special services for faculty—on the Bentley Library Coronavirus Updates & Remote Services page. This page will be updated as needed.
The following resources and services will be available:
- Electronic resources including databases, ebooks, and streaming films
- Research help via email, text and live chat
- Research consultations via Zoom
- Interlibrary Loan for articles and book chapters. Please note that due to COVID-19 service disruptions at libraries across the country we cannot guarantee that ILL requests will be fulfilled.
- Due to the exceptional circumstances we face, we are temporarily instituting Student Scan on Demand. We will try our best to ensure that students have access to portions of books or articles in our physical collections for classwork and research by making digital copies.
Due dates and late fees:
- Overdue fines will be suspended for all items, including interlibrary loan materials.
- Due dates for all items will be extended to the end of the semester.
The following services will be unavailable:
- Borrowing of physical materials including books, DVDs, and ILL requested items
- Museum passes
- All library and RSM Art Gallery events have been canceled
The safety and well-being of the Bentley community and our staff remain our highest priorities and we thank you in advance for your flexibility and cooperation during this time.
Official university updates and communications related to COVID-19 are available at https://www.bentley.edu/coronavirus.