Updated February 1 at 7:00 a.m.
We are excited to re-open our doors for Spring 2021! Any member of the Bentley community who is enrolled in the University’s COVID-19 testing program is welcome to visit the library starting
Monday, February 1, 2021 Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Please be prepared to show your Bentley ID and display a current COVID testing program wristband to enter.
You can view the complete library hours calendar, including our online Reference Help hours, for the entire trimester online. Hours are subject to change due to holidays, inclement weather, or unforeseen circumstances.
Additional guidelines and information are provided below. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Bentley Library Building Opening
- The Library is operating in accordance with state and university COVID-19 public health guidelines. All library users and staff are required to wear face coverings, maintain 6 feet physical distance, and practice hand hygiene. Please perform your daily health self-check and stay home if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Like all buildings on campus, you will need both your current Bentley ID and the appropriate wristband from the COVID testing program to enter the library through the main entrance.
- Building occupancy will be limited and monitored. When you enter the library, you will be given an occupancy card representing a seat or spot in the library. The cards are color coded by floor. You will need to return the card when you leave. As long as there are cards available, there will be a seat in the building. Due to the occupancy limits, we ask that you please be courteous to others and mindful of your time in the library.
- Do not leave any personal belongings in the building, as you may not be able to re-enter to get them if we are at capacity.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer are available throughout the library. Please wipe down any shared surfaces before and after you use them.
- Food is prohibited in the library until further notice.
Study Rooms and Spaces
- The library’s study rooms are subject to reduced capacity and physical distancing guidelines. Many study rooms are limited to single occupancy; some of the larger rooms accommodate two people. Please check the occupancy sign posted on each room. Study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are not available, but you can check current room availability online before visiting.
- Face coverings are required in all library spaces at all times, including in study rooms, study carrels and pods, and at study tables.
- Furniture is arranged to ensure proper physical distancing. Please do not move furniture.
Borrowing Library Materials and Using Course Reserves
- To minimize face-to-face interactions, we request that you use the library’s self-check machine to check out your items.
- Please return your library items in the book return drop, located at the main entrance.
- Search the Course Reserves site to see if your professor has set aside a copy of the textbook or other required materials for your class. You can also check the “Course Documents” section of your Blackboard site for any readings your professor may have put on electronic reserve.
Online Research Help
- Reference librarians are available online to help you with your papers and assignments. Use live chat, email email@example.com. or text 781.728.0511 to get research, database, and citation help. You can also book an appointment for a research consultation via Zoom. The virtual Reference Desk hours and contact information are posted on the Research Help page.
- Visit our Getting Started Online guide for more details about remote resources.
Computers & Printers
The library provides computers and printers (color and B&W) for you to use if you need one. To install the Bentley print drivers on your laptop, visit the Falcon Printing website. You will also find information about printing funds and costs on that site.
Keep an eye on your inbox for our regular monthly In the Know email, and don’t forget to follow @BentleyLibrary on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for updates, news, events, and photos.