Information about off-campus access to library services and resources, including databases, e-resources, research help, and Interlibrary Loan, can be found on the Bentley Library Coronavirus Updates & Remote Services page. This page will be updated as needed.
March 17, 2020
Effective at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17, the Bentley Library is closed until further notice.
Library staff will continue to support online teaching and research to Bentley students, faculty, and staff. Below is a brief summary of how the Library will continue to deliver library services and resources remotely. You can find detailed information on how to access these services and resources online—including special services for faculty—on the Bentley Library Coronavirus Updates & Remote Services page. This page will be updated as needed.
The following resources and services will be available:
- Electronic resources including databases, ebooks, and streaming films
- Research help via email, text and live chat
- Research consultations via Zoom
- Interlibrary Loan for articles and book chapters. Please note that due to COVID-19 service disruptions at libraries across the country we cannot guarantee that ILL requests will be fulfilled.
- Due to the exceptional circumstances we face, we are temporarily instituting Student Scan on Demand. We will try our best to ensure that students have access to portions of books or articles in our physical collections for classwork and research by making digital copies.
Due dates and late fees:
- Overdue fines will be suspended for all items, including interlibrary loan materials.
- Due dates for all items will be extended to the end of the semester.
The following services will be unavailable:
- Borrowing of physical materials including books, DVDs, and ILL requested items
- Museum passes
- All library and RSM Art Gallery events have been canceled
Official university updates and communications related to COVID-19 are available at https://www.bentley.edu/coronavirus.
March 13, 2020:
Library staff are making plans for providing services, resources, research assistance, and instruction when online classes begin on March 23. Currently, the library plans to be open next week as listed below, but this schedule may change at any time in accordance with university policies. Official university updates and communications related to COVID-19 are available at https://www.bentley.edu/coronavirus.
Library Hours March 15-21, 2020
Sunday, March 15:
Monday, March 16–Friday, March 20:
8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 21
Please continue to visit the library’s website for library news updates and check the library’s hours calendar online before visiting.
The safety and well-being of the Bentley community and our staff remain our highest priorities and we thank you in advance for your flexibility and cooperation during this time. Please contact Library Services at email@example.com or 781-891-2168 if you have questions or need assistance.