The IBISWorld Industry Research database has been a vital resource here at the Bentley Library for several years. For those of you who may not be familiar, here’s what you need to know about IBISWorld:
- IBISWorld provides U.S. Industry Reports for 700+ industries.
- Users can also find hundreds of U.S. Specialized Industry Reports for niche and emerging markets. Examples of specialized reports include Car Sharing Providers, Craft Beer Production, and Fantasy Sports Services.
- The database includes access to 75 Global Industry Reports, which focus on industry performance in key regions like Europe, Asia, the Middle East and more.
- Supplementary Brexit Impact Statements are available for all U.K. industries. These updates provide a briefing on the rapidly changing U.K. economy and the short-term threats, opportunities, and developments affecting each industry.
- Each industry report is approximately 30-40 pages in length and is updated regularly (up to 3 times per year), ensuring that they reflect the current state of an industry.
- Reports contain trends, statistics, and analysis on industry performance, products and markets, the competitive landscape, major competitors in the industry, and operating conditions.
- Each report examines details such as supply chain linkages, demand determinants, cost structure benchmarks, basis of competition, barriers to entry, capital intensity, revenue volatility, and regulations and policies.
- Key statistics include industry data and financial ratios.
- 5-year forecasts for each industry.
Connect to IBISWorld
Database of the Month provides a very brief introduction to a useful website or library database, highlighting key features you should know about. If you would like more information about these resources (or any of the library’s databases), please contact us for research assistance. If you would like a demonstration of this resource for a class, please schedule a research instruction class using the instruction request form.