The staff of the Bentley Library extends a warm welcome to our new students, faculty and staff. Many of you will receive an orientation to the Library during First Week, however we also encourage you to take a look at our online library orientation guide. It will only take you a few minutes to view, and it will provide you with useful information about library resources and services. If you have any questions about the Library the please don’t hesitate to ask for help at the Library Services or Reference Desks.
Due to a special event being held in the Library on Tuesday, September 1, we will be closing at 4:00pm. For more information about the library’s hours please view our hours calendar or call Library Services at 781-891-2168. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Bentley Library reference librarians have created a new collection of library research guides that are designed to help you locate the best resources for your research! Research guides are available for a number of popular topics/subjects, as well as for specific classes. In each guide we recommend specific books, journals, databases and web sites. Where needed we also include step-by-step instructions. The entire collection of library research guides is available at http://libguides.bentley.edu/.
This is an evolving collection – guides will continue to be added and updated. If you’d like to suggest a topic for a library research guide please email email@example.com.
Did you know that the Bentley Library offers museum passes that will allow you free or reduced admission to some of the most popular Boston-area museums? Even better, you can check for museum pass availability up to 30 days in advance and immediately reserve your passes online. Museum passes available are:
- De Cordova Museum (Lincoln, MA)
- Fruitlands Museum (Harvard, MA)
- Harvard Art Museum (Cambridge, MA)
- Historic New England (formerly S.P.N.E.A.) (various New England locations)
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (Boston)
- John F. Kennedy Library and Museum (Boston)
- Museum of Fine Arts (Boston)
- Museum of Science (Boston)
- National Heritage Museum (Lexington)
- New England Aquarium (Boston) (not available during summer months)
- Peabody Essex Museum (Salem, MA)
For more information (or to make your reservation now) go to the library’s home page and click on “Museum Passes”.
Jonathan Sahula | Large Photo Collage | August 19 – September 25
We are pleased to announce the opening of a new exhibit at the Caturano and Company Art Gallery, featuring three large photo collages by artist Jonathan Sahula. All are invited to an opening reception for the artist on Tuesday, September 8, 2009, from 5:00pm to 7:30pm.
Check out our book, DVD and audiobook acquisitions for the month of July! Go to our New Books page or use the links in the left hand column. Also, don’t forget to stop by and check out our current display of new popular reading, DVDs, and audiobooks.
We are happy to announce the addition of a new industry research database – IBISWorld Industry Market Research. IBISWorld industry reports provide researchers with up-to-date, detailed information about 700+ U.S. Industries. Here’s what you should know about IBISWorld:
- IBISWorld provides reports for all of the 723 U.S. industries as categorized by NAICS, enabling you to look into any sector across the entire U.S. economy.
- Each report is approximately 25-30 pages in length and is updated regularly (many are updated as often as 3 times per year), ensuring that they reflect the current state of an industry.
- Supplementary Recession Updates are also now available for all industries. These updates provide a briefing on today’s rapidly changing economy and the short-term implications for an industry.
- IBISWorld reports contain trends, statistics and analysis on market size, market share of competitors and industry growth rates. Major market segments are identified and also those forces affecting demand and supply within the industry. Performance analysis includes emerging industry trends as well as recent production performance.
- Each comprehensive study also examines details such as: the barriers to entry, operating cost structure (industry averages), technology & systems and domestic & international markets. Tables and statistics include: industry revenue, exports, imports, wages and number of companies in the industry
- Drawing on the depth of information IBISWorld also provides 5 year forecasts for each industry.
Try it today! IBISWorld is accessible from both on and off-campus. Go to the library’s Databases A-Z page and click on IBISWorld. We want your feedback: Please send us an email to let us know what you think about IBISWorld. If you have any questions or need further assistance please contact the Reference Desk.
Summer session is ending and the library and cafe hours are changing. Starting on Saturday, August 8, the library will be closed evenings, weekends, and Labor Day. The Deloitte Cafe will remain closed Friday, August 7, through Monday, September 7.
Saturday, August 8 through Monday, September 7
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am-6:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
– and –
Monday, September 7 [Labor Day Holiday] : CLOSED
* Deloitte Cafe is CLOSED Friday, August 7, through Monday, September 7
The library and cafe will resume regular hours with the start of the Fall Semester on Tuesday, September 8, 2009. For more information about the hours please check our online hours calendar.