We are very excited to announce that current students, faculty and staff can now download eBooks and audiobooks from the library’s website http://ezp.bentley.edu/OverDrive/bentleyu. After logging-in with your Bentley username and password, you can browse the collection and download to PC, Mac, and many mobile devices. Our collection is a mix of best-sellers, academic titles and classics. This new service, powered by OverDrive, is free to all current Bentley students, faculty and staff.
To kick-off this exciting new service we are hosting Desserts and Downloads on Wednesday, April 11, from noon to 5:00pm, in the library’s Executive Conference Room (room 101).
You are invited to stop by to learn more about downloadable books. If you bring your laptop and/or mobile device we will be able assist you with searching and downloading. Desserts and coffee will be provided to enhance the user experience!
For those of you who are feeling adventurous and would like to get started now, here’s what you need to know about the OverDrive downloadable book service:
- Log-in with your Bentley username and password, browse the collection, check out items, and download to PC, Mac®, and many mobile devices.
- To get started, you will need to install free software. For audiobooks: OverDrive® Media Console™. To read eBooks, you’ll need Adobe® Digital Editions. To transfer books to other devices you need to register for an Adobe ID.
- Downloaded books can be enjoyed immediately or transferred to a variety of devices, including the NOOK, Sony Reader, iPod, and many others. Some audio titles can also be burned to CD.
- Kindle users with a Wi-Fi connection can download most books directly to their Kindle device.
- Mobile apps for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone/iPad/ iPod touch and Windows Phone 7 allow users to wirelessly download eBooks and audiobooks directly to those mobile devices.
- Titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees!
Don’t forget to drop-in to Desserts and Downloads on Wednesday, April 11, between noon and 5:00pm. You can also contact the Reference Desk with any questions or for assistance. Happy downloading!