We are happy to announce the addition of a new industry research database – IBISWorld Industry Market Research. IBISWorld industry reports provide researchers with up-to-date, detailed information about 700+ U.S. Industries. Here’s what you should know about IBISWorld:
- IBISWorld provides reports for all of the 723 U.S. industries as categorized by NAICS, enabling you to look into any sector across the entire U.S. economy.
- Each report is approximately 25-30 pages in length and is updated regularly (many are updated as often as 3 times per year), ensuring that they reflect the current state of an industry.
- Supplementary Recession Updates are also now available for all industries. These updates provide a briefing on today’s rapidly changing economy and the short-term implications for an industry.
- IBISWorld reports contain trends, statistics and analysis on market size, market share of competitors and industry growth rates. Major market segments are identified and also those forces affecting demand and supply within the industry. Performance analysis includes emerging industry trends as well as recent production performance.
- Each comprehensive study also examines details such as: the barriers to entry, operating cost structure (industry averages), technology & systems and domestic & international markets. Tables and statistics include: industry revenue, exports, imports, wages and number of companies in the industry
- Drawing on the depth of information IBISWorld also provides 5 year forecasts for each industry.
Try it today! IBISWorld is accessible from both on and off-campus. Go to the library’s Databases A-Z page and click on IBISWorld. We want your feedback: Please send us an email to let us know what you think about IBISWorld. If you have any questions or need further assistance please contact the Reference Desk.