Important Library Operations Updates
As Bentley transitions to online learning for the remainder of the trimester, we wanted to remind you that Bentley Library services, resources, and assistance will continue to be available online to the entire Bentley community. Library staff are here to assist you with your courses and research.
Below is a summary of the library’s planned services and resources for the period of November 30 (first day of virtual learning) until December 23 (the last day of the trimester). Please check back for updates, or visit the Library Fall 2020 operations page.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781.89.2168 if you have any questions.
Visiting the Library
- Like the rest of campus, the library building will be closed to patrons starting Wednesday November 25; however, staff will still be on hand doing the important work of getting library materials into the hands of the people who need them.
- You can request items be pulled from our physical collections using the “Request” button in the online catalog. We will have them waiting for you for contactless pickup, which will be held Wednesdays (starting December 2 until December 23) from 9am-5pm.
As always, our online research databases, eBooks and streaming film collections can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
ILL and Scan on Demand
- Faculty, staff, and students may continue to place Interlibrary Loan and Scan on Demand requests for books, articles and book chapters. If you do not plan to visit campus after Thanksgiving break, we strongly encourage you not to place ILL requests for physical book items and instead place requests for needed chapters. (Note: Copyright limits do apply.)
- Please return any ILL items you have in your possession with upcoming due dates prior to leaving for break. If you have any questions, please contact our Interlibrary Loan Department by sending an email to email@example.com.
Returns and Due Dates
- Do you currently have library books or DVDs? Check your due dates by logging in to your library account. If you have materials checked out but are not planning to return to campus for the Spring Trimester, we kindly ask you to return that material before leaving campus.
- If you are planning to return to campus for the Spring Trimester, you can return or renew your items; books will be due back January 19th. Should you need other materials, such as DVDs, for this extended period of time, please let us know and we will adjust due dates accordingly.
Online Resources and Research Help
Online Library Services Help
If you have questions about borrowing/renewing books and other library items, Interlibrary Loan (ILL), Scan on Demand, Course Reserves, or Museum Passes, please contact Library Services via phone 781.891.2168, email or live chat. Library Services is available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Visit library.bentley.edu and follow @BentleyLibrary on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for updates and current news.