Read for Free from a Phone, Tablet or Laptop through the Bentley Library
December is a great time to highlight the Library’s OverDrive Collection. As you pack up to go home for the holidays, remember the OverDrive downloadable collection is available for you to enjoy on break, anywhere, 24×7 on any device.
This collection includes thousands of fiction and nonfiction titles including many bestsellers and award winners.
Simply click into OverDrive to view our newest additions or to browse the ebook and audiobook collections by subject, format or genre. You may browse the available titles without logging in. You only need to log in when you decide to borrow a title.
Some features of OverDrive:
- This service is free to you with your Bentley e-mail address and network password.
- All titles will automatically expire at the end of the lending period which is 21 days. There are no late fees and if your time runs out, you can just borrow it again.
- If a title is checked out, place a hold and you are e-mailed when the title is available.
- For titles with multiple holds, the Library will purchase additional copies decreasing wait times.
- The plus sign under a title adds to the title to your personal wish list and you can use your wish list to pull up available content when you have the free time to enjoy it.
- Curated lists, available from the OverDrive homepage, include: Great American Reads, Newest Additions, Most Popular, Try Something Different, Banned & Challenged Books, and Presidential Biographies. Just scroll the main screen to view these curated lists.
- Each title is selected and added to the collection by your Bentley Librarians, and new titles are added each month.
- Bentley students, faculty & staff can suggest titles for purchase using the Suggest a Purchase form.
To get started enjoying ebooks & audiobooks on your device visit Getting Started with OverDrive.
If you need help with this service, help is always available at the Reference Desk and there is a special Overdrive Winter Break Reading session scheduled from 11 to noon on Reading Day in Group Study Room 102. Just bring your device and we’ll get you set up.
Database of the Month provides a very brief introduction to a useful website or Library resource, highlighting key features you should know about. If you would like more information about this resource (or any of the library’s databases), please contact us for research assistance. If you would like a demonstration of this resource for a class, please schedule a research instruction class using the instruction request form.