The Inside Scoop from Our Jeopardy Champion

If you’ve been following this blog, you know that Reference Librarian Elizabeth Galoozis has been appearing on Jeopardy! since last Wednesday. Her winning streak came to an end in Monday night’s episode, leaving her with a grand total of $40,801 in winnings. Below, Liz gives us the inside scoop on her experience.

Many thanks to everyone at Bentley who watched me on Jeopardy. It was great to feel so supported by the Bentley community – and to receive all of your good wishes! A narrative of my experience as a contestant can be found later this week on the official Jeopardy website’s Winner’s Blog.

One question I got asked a lot after the first episode was: How did you know the answer to Final Jeopardy? (The question and answer are below.)

ANSWER: Surprisingly, this word appears only twice in the New Testament, once in Acts and once in the first epistle of Peter.

QUESTION: What is Christian?

As part of my cramming for the show, I read a book from our collection called A Non-Churchgoer’s Guide to the Bible, and that little piece of trivia happened to be right there in the book. I also made very helpful flash cards from The New York Public Library Desk Reference, which is shelved in our reference stacks. Thank you, Bentley Library!

Recaps of the questions and answers from all three of my Jeopardy episodes can be found at the website J! Archive.

Congratulations on your success, Liz!