Holiday hours will be in effect at the Bentley Library from Tuesday, November 24 through Sunday, November 29:
Tuesday, November 24:
7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 25 – Saturday, November 28:
Sunday, November 29:
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
The Deloitte Café (Einstein’s) closes at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 24, and reopens at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, November 30.
For more information about the library or cafe hours please view our hours calendar. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving break!
Now showing in the McGladrey Art Gallery are the 2015 International Education Photo Contest winners and finalists. You don’t want to miss this exhibit of breathtaking photographs taken by Bentley University students, faculty and staff!
2015 International Education Photo Contest
Finalists & Winners
November 16 – December 22, 2015
View on Facebook
Vote for Your Favorite Finalist
Votes must be cast by Wednesday, November 18 at 4:30 p.m. The Bentley Votes winner will receive a $50 Visa gift card and one lucky raffle winner will be chosen from those who voted to receive a $25 Dunkin Donuts gift card.
Finalists on Display: Gordon Berridge, Patricia Carliang, Wesley Coughlin, Carol Dirga, Palash Dugar, Linda Kim, Deanna Leung, Xiaoxi Li, Hoang Nguyen, Nikki Nguyen, Zyanna Ratansi, Marc Stern, Ian Thompson and Shiyu Xu
On display, from November 17, 2015 to January 4, 2016, at the Bentley Library is an interdisciplinary collection of books highlighting research about data. Included are popular and scholarly works about collecting it, obtaining it, analyzing it, evaluating it and finally accounting for it.
Visit the library and browse through the physical display located in front of The McGladrey Art Gallery or view the contents of the display online. If you see something online you would like, just request it through the library catalog, and you will be notified when the item is available on the hold shelf for you.
To highlight a few:
(Of note: Multiple users can view the same content at the same time.)
- Big Data, Little Data, No Data: Scholarship in the Networked World by Christine L. Borgman.
- Bursting the Big Data Bubble: The Case for Intuition-Based Decision Making edited by Jay Liebowitz.
- Handbook of Digital Currency: Bitcoin, Innovation, Financial Instruments, and Big Data edited by David Lee Kuo Chuen.
Overdrive Downloadable Books:
(Of note: Downloadable content is checked out to one user at a time.)
- Big Data : A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think by Viktor Mayer-Schönberger and Kenneth Cukier.
- Dataclysm : Our Life in Numbers by Christian Rudder.
- The Organized Mind : Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J. Levintin.
We hope that you enjoy this display. If you notice we are missing a title on this topic, please feel free to suggest a purchase.