Business Source Complete adds much more content to the Ebsco family of business databases. Not only does it include over 2,000 peer-reviewed journals, but it indexes and provides abstracts to the most important scholarly journals in business, dating back to 1886 in some instances. Some of these are the top ranking journals used in business school research, such as the Academy of Management Review, Accounting Review, Econometrica, Harvard Business Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Political Economy, MIS Quarterly, MIT Sloan Management Review, Quarterly Journal of Economics, and Review of Financial Studies, along with many others.
Business Source Complete includes:
- More than 1,150,000 company profiles written by independent analysts from MarketLine, a leading business information company, and Medtrack, a biopharmaceutical corporate intelligence company. Business Monitor Reports make available information on 24 industries in 200 global markets.
- There are 1,440 Country Reports included in this database. These comprehensive reports provide past and current information on the business, economic, legal, employment, tax and political climate and risk of a country. Analysis and forecasts come from IHS Global Insight, Business Monitor International, Going Global Career Guides, and Country Watch information sources.
- There are 28 Working Papers published by Yale School of Management, the U.S. Federal Reserve Board, University of Michigan Business School, Columbia University and Harvard Business School. Neither Yale nor Harvard include the full text of the papers.
- 7,648 Industry Profiles are from U.S. Industry & Market Outlook and World Industry & Market Outlook. These 250-page, up-to-date reports provide trends (reported and estimated) in industry sales, number of establishments, and number of employees for major global industries. Here is an example of information offered from a recent Services Industry Report.
In addition to all this, Business Source Complete includes more than 10,270 case studies, over 8,800 executive interviews, and 57 videos from the Harvard Business School faculty seminar series from leading business scholars including Michael D. Watkins, Tarun Khanna, and Amy Edmonson, to name a few.
To access the videos, click on the Business Videos link under the Browse column, enter the search terms in the Find field and click Search. To view all available Business Videos, search using the term Business.
You have the option of viewing the lecture in full or reading it in a PDF. Topics range from Brand Positioning to Business Leadership. The videos are between 30 and 60 minutes long, but may be viewed in 2-3 minute segments by subtopic.
Database of the Month provides a very brief introduction to an important research database, highlighting key features of the database that you should know about. If you would like more information about this database (or any of the library’s databases) please Ask a Librarian. If you would like a demonstration of this database for a class, please contact Adam Williams, Research Instruction Coordinator at email@example.com.
The Bentley Library is pleased to announce a new database acquisition – eMarketer. Focusing on digital marketing, advertising, media and ecommerce, eMarketer aggregates information from over 4,000 sources. Data is gathered from research firms, media and marketing agencies, magazines and newspapers, academic institutions, governments and industry experts.
The eMarketer database provides…
…a compilation of key data, research and analysis from multiple sources
…expert distillation of industry, market and consumer intelligence
…visual presentation of data in charts, tables and graphs
…an easy and intuitive search interface
Although eMarketer does not conduct primary research, eMarketer analysts and writers develop industry benchmarks, make forecasts and publish 200+ comprehensive topical reports per year. eMarketer content can be easily downloaded and inserted into reports and presentations.
Do you prefer your movies in lush, exquisite high-definition? If so, the Bentley Library has the answer for you! We now have over 50 Blu-ray titles in our Popular DVD collection. The list of movies in Blu-ray now in the library’s collection includes the following:
- The entire Harry Potter film series
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy and the first 2 films in The Hobbit series
- The Godfather trilogy
- A number of Pixar films such as Finding Nemo and Frozen
- The Christopher Nolan directed Batman series
The recently purchased Blu-rays are intended as a pilot program to gauge the level of interest in this format here at Bentley. We’ll purchase additional titles in the Blu-ray format if these titles prove to be popular among the Bentley community.
It’s National Library Card Sign-Up Month! Each September, the American Library Association campaigns to remind folks to sign up for a library card at their local public library. Fortunately for Falcons, your Bentley ID is your Bentley Library card!
During First Week, the Bentley Library welcomed all new Falcons with “Passport to the Library,” a self-guided open house/tour of key Library resources. Those who participated got those much-sought-after Bentley Library lanyards. If you’d like to get your very own Bentley lanyard, here’s your chance:
TWITTER: Follow @BentleyLibrary and tweet us a photo of your favorite library study spot or a #shelfie in the library and use the hashtag #BentleyLibrary.
INSTAGRAM: Follow @BentleyLibrary and tag us in your library #shelfie or favorite study spot pic. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #BentleyLibrary.
Once you’ve posted your photo to Twitter or Instagram, stop by the Library Services desk, show a staff member your photo, and we’ll give you a free lanyard (while supplies last).
Since it’s National Library Card Sign-Up month, we encourage you to visit the Waltham Public Library, where all current Waltham college students are eligible for a free library card. This card includes access to their Museum Pass Program and a plethora of resources from the Minuteman Library Network. The WPL will be celebrating its 150th anniversary next year.
If you prefer digital to print, all current Massachusetts residents and students are eligible for a free eCard at the legendary Boston Public Library. You can register online and gain access to their extensive online book collection (through Overdrive) and streaming content through Hoopla.