Filed Under: databases & e-resources
Value Line has been a reliable authority in unbiased financial information since 1931. The mission of Value Line is… “to provide investors with the most accurate and independently created research information available, in any format they choose, and teach them how to use it effectively to help meet their financial objectives.”
Value Line’s showcase publication is The Value Line Investment Survey® which is a highly regarded and widely used independent investment research resource. Published weekly, it tracks approximately 1,700 stocks in over 90 industries and ranks those stocks on Timeliness™ and Safety™.
To access the Value Line Investment Survey:
- Start at the Library’s Databases A to Z listing.
- Select ValueLine Research Center.
- Hover over Research Hub in the bar at the top middle of the page.
- Click on Investment Survey which is listed under Stocks.
- In the left column, under Investment Survey, [see screenshot]
- choose Lookup Company and search for a company by ticker symbol or name,
– OR –
- choose Lookup Industry and browse an alphabetical listing of the industries Value Line provides information for.
- Access the reports in either PDF or HTML format.
Learn More and Get Help
This excellent “Getting Started” handout, as well as other helpful literature, is available in the Investment Education section of this database.
Database of the Month provides a very brief introduction to an important research database, highlighting key features of the database that you should know about. If you would like more information about this database (or any of the library’s databases) please Ask a Librarian. If you would like a demonstration of this database for a class, please contact our Coordinator of User Education, Elizabeth Galoozis.