Friends, Faculty, scholars, lend me your ears;
I come to praise Cabell’s, not to bury it.
The manuscript that scholars write lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Cabell’s.
Okay, now that I have your attention, dear faculty, I want to make sure you are familiar with Cabell’s Directories online, a database that is designed to help researchers match their manuscripts with scholarly journals.
- Founded in 1978
- Indexes over 4,000 journals
- Each entry includes:
- Journal submission process
- Manuscript topics
- Manuscript style and length
- Acceptance rate
- Type of review
- Number of external reviewers
- Type of readership
- Whether journal is indexed in JCR / ERIC
- Website link
- One-stop shopping for publication information in the following disciplines:
- Economics and Finance
- Educational Curriculum and Methods
- Educational Psychology and Administration
- Educational Technology and Library Science
- Psychology and Psychiatry
- Computer Science
- Continuously updated
- Off-campus access
- Unlimited simultaneous users
- Undesirable color scheme
- Podcasts may or may not be useful to new researchers and Ph.D. students
- Facebook and LinkedIn pages not very informative, or fun
- Not obvious where to begin
Database of the Month provides a very brief introduction to an important research database, highlighting key features of the database that you should know about. If you would like more information about this database (or any of the library’s databases) please Ask a Librarian. If you would like a demonstration of this database for a class, please contact our Coordinator of User Education, Elizabeth Galoozis.