Filed Under: databases & e-resources
Mediamark Reporter, published by GfK Mediamark Research & Intelligence, is a part of GfK’s MRI+ database. Mediamark Reporter provides access to demographic, lifestyle, product usage and media exposure data extracted from GfK’s Annual Survey of the American Consumer. This powerful combination of data makes Mediamark Reporter a uniquely valuable database for marketers and advertisers.
About Mediamark Reports
Mediamark Reporter contains three types of reports:
- Product Reports: Product and brand usage data for almost 6,000 products in 550 categories by a variety of demographic characteristics (age, household income, education, media consumption, etc.). Also available are product reports for specific market segments:
- Teenmark: respondents aged 12-19.
- Business-to-Business: business decision makers.
- Upper Deck: the top 10% of U.S. consumers in household income.
- Local Market Reports: reports for each of the country’s most important DMAs (Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.), as well as a market summary.
Tip: Product reports provide consumer segmentation data that is very useful for marketing project classes, corporate immersion projects, GB214 and GB320!
- Media Reports: Media consumption data by a variety of demographic characteristics for head of household, homemaker/principal shopper, household, respondent and spouse.
- Magazine Reports (Qualitative & Cumulative): Qualitative reports provide information such as number of days spent reading a particular magazine and ad interest/rating. Cumulative reports provide data on magazine 4-issue reach and frequency.
Connect to this Database / Create a Mediamark MRI+ Account
Mediamark Reporter/MRI+ is available on the Databases A-Z page and the Marketing Databases page. All Bentley users must register for a personal Mediamark Reporter/MRI+ account. Click on Register for Free to begin using MRI+ on the Mediamark home page. You MUST register using your Bentley University email address.
After registering, you will receive an email from MRI asking you to validate your account. Once you have logged-in to the database, you’ll find the link to Mediamark Reporter in the top right corner of the screen:
Mediamark Reporter Help
- How to Read a Mediamark Report [PDF] explains how to read a report and provides database searching tips.
- Mediamark Reporter/MRI+ User Guide Definitions [PDF] defines commonly used terms in the Mediamark/MRI+ database.
For more help using the Mediamark/MRI+ database, please contact the Reference Desk.
Database of the Month provides a very brief introduction to an important research database, highlighting key features of the database that you should know about. If you would like more information about this database (or any of the library’s databases) please contact the Reference Desk. If you would like a demonstration of this database for a class, please contact our Coordinator of User Education, Elizabeth Galoozis.