Filed Under: general news
The staff of the Bentley Library thanks everyone who submitted their comments, suggestions, criticisms, and compliments during the most recent installment of the 14 Days to Have Your Say! blog. Now that everyone has “had their say”, we’ll address those issues that arose most frequently (though be assured that we read closely every comment made!).
Check out our track record:
We wouldn’t run 14 Days to Have Your Say if we weren’t committed to bettering our resources and services, and we want you to know that we are listening. In fact, here’s a quick list of changes that the Bentley Library made in response to the feedback we received from the first two rounds of 14 Days to Have Your Say!, which were held in 2008 and 2010. Over the past four years, in response to your suggestions, we have:
- increased both our normal operating hours and exam period hours
- adjusted our borrowing policies to allow better/longer access to our DVD collection and enhanced our communication by emailing due-date reminders
- improved the functionality of the group study room reservation system by providing off-campus access to the system and adding an edit/cancel feature
- continually worked to improve the physical facilities through such measures as upgrading lighting, installing extra recycling receptacles, adding more study carrels, signage, etc.
- worked to combat the problem of noise in the library by installing cell phone booths and adding a login-free, anonymous “Help Keep the Library Quiet” chat widget to the library’s home page
- responded to student requests for access to coffee outside of the cafe’s hours by installing a coffee vending machine
- worked with Sodexho to add a 2nd cash register to the Einstein’s café, reconfigure the lines, remove the counter that inhibited traffic flow, and to expand the cafe’s hours
- installed new equipment and technology – including “quick print/lookup” stations, color printers, and scanners – and increased the number of black & white printers to reduce wait times and lines
- conducted usability studies and focus groups to improve the usability of our website
- developed a mobile-friendly library website – the first mobile site at Bentley
We’re still listening…
We’d like to remind you that you don’t have to wait for the next 14 Days to Have Your Say to voice your opinion or make a recommendation. Simply use the “Contact Us” link on the library’s website and send us your feedback anytime.